Sunday, May 22, 2011

Without My Feet

I am sitting here sipping a cup of herbal tea and thinking about my feet. What would I do without my feet?  Earlier this morning, for the second time I allowed my feet to take over and they carried me around my yard and I felt the wet morning dew of the grass beneath them and it was such a  pleasant feeling. Remember  how much we liked to go barefoot as kids? I have been living in my home for over five years now, and had not walked barefoot in my yard excpet maybe two times.   WOW!!  I have the lawn service keep it cut and manicured, but had not enjoyed the touch of the grass in my own yard.  As I walked, I was surrounded by a chorus of birds singing to welcome the start of a new day. I was reminded  that God created so much from dirt (earth)! Things we eat and wear come from it. Animals and crawling things live in it, and our planet is covered with it. Let me not forget the creation of Adam! It truly has its purpose! With my  feet covered in dew, I took some long deep breaths and was still . I was now open to receive goodness and grace.

Even if you have a small patch of grass, I encourage you to wake up early one morning  and let your feet feel the sprinkling of God's overnight nourishment of his grass. It's called dew.  If you live in city with limited green space, go to a park if you have to!

God put these words on my heart to share with you this morning.

Without I My Feet I Would Not :

Ask God to guide my steps each day
Feel the cold, wet dew on the grass beneath them on an early morning
Walk in the light and leave darkness behind
Know when to move or keep still
Step into a warm lavender bath
Be Blessed from the top of my head to the tips of my toes
Feel the touch of an immigrant brother or sister's hands during a pedicure
Cherish the touch from the hands of "my love" during a spontaneous massage
Slip into my favorite pair of shoes or old  comfy socks
Sit and curl them beneath me while reading, sipping my favorite tea, watching a  favorite classic movie on TV
Walk up and give someone a warm hug and  a shoulder to cry on
Leap high off the ground
Dance, run, slip, slide
Fall and stand tall

If you are reading this today and do not have "natural" physical  feet, remember that God directs our paths spiritually  in supernatural ways that do not require us to have limbs. Just FAITH!

My blessings to you for a Spirit Lift!

~Bev


    

No comments:

Post a Comment